Education and Qualifications
PhD from the CVSSP 2011-2015 with expertise in Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence, Biometric, unsupervised learning, generative models, software development, embedded system, edge computing, entrepreneurship, accounting and finance.
Appointments, responsibilities and Awards
• Senior research fellow at CVSSP on the EPSRC programme grant - FACER2VM
• Worked on cutting-edge facial analysis algorithms and co-supervising PhD students
• Developed several state-of-the-art facial analysis algorithms and published more than 30 papers in top venues like CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, IJCV, PR, IEEE and ACM Transactions
• Developed software for real-time 2D facial landmarking and 3D face reconstruction jointly, in unconstrained scenarios with extreme variations in pose, expression, illumination, etc.
• European Biometrics Industry Award 2017
• Department top prize for excellence in research University of Surrey 2017
• AMDO best paper award for commercial application 2018
• Bill Christmas award for outstanding research performance 2018
• Frist place among 56 teams at Visual Object Tracking VOT 2018 challenge on the public dataset
• Overseas PhD scholarship University of Surrey
• Won multiple R&D grants
• Co-founder of an AI start-up in China